I have an alternate post for Creative Writing Saturday. On this special day, I feel called to share these thoughts,
Today is my birthday. Like everyone else, over my lifetime, I have experienced many highs and lows. Sometimes, in the midst of living life, we fail to stop and think about what we have learned and what we have to share. I set about journaling some of my life lessons and, I’d like to share them with you.
- Change can happen in the blink of an eye.
- Those dreams that you hold inside — act on them. Do not put them off for later, because, regrettably, sometimes “later” never comes.
- Sometimes, having faith in God, the Universe, Allah, Mother Earth, the Source or whatever higher power, is all that gets you through the tough times and circumstances.
- Let the past be memories that you hold. Holding on to them and failing to let go is like reliving them over and over again.While doing so, you miss the precious moments going on around you.
- Live in the present. The beauty, magic and miracles are all around you, for example, the rainbow after a Summer rain, the smile of a stranger, the laughter of a child, and countless other moments that require your attention.
- Everyone that you meet is in your life for a reason. Perhaps, it is only to teach you a lesson.
- View everyone that you meet, no matter how lowly they may seem, as a potential teacher.
- Never stop learning.
- First, love and forgive yourself.
- You are a creator. Be it writing, drawing, painting, speaking, or endless possibilities, you have a unique gift to discover and perhaps share with the world.
- Eliminate the word “can’t” from your vocabulary.
- There are no mistakes, only opportunities for growth.
- Your fears, sorrows and shames are as much a part of you, as your joys, successes and achievements.
- Embrace stillness.
- Practice the fine art of listening.
- Your prayers are always answered, but sometimes, not in the way that you expected.
- Family is important.
- Every day, tell your loves, “I love you.” You never know if and when it will be your last opportunity to do so.
- Be your own best friend.
- You are a gift to the world.
- Laugh, dance, play and sing — often.
- Take the time to view life through the eyes of a child.
- Say “thank you,” and mean it.
- Share your wisdom.
- Let go of all that does not serve you.
- Live your life with honesty, trustworthiness, compassion, empathy, joy, gratitude, lovingkindness, faith and hope,
- Practice random acts of kindness. just because.
- Tell your story.
- You matter.
- You are enough.
- Listen to your heart.
- Friendships are priceless.
These are some, but not all of the many lessons that I’ve taken from the life that I’ve lived, but that is not to say that I don’t strive each day to live them. The saying “it’s complicated” most assuredly applies to life. Yet, within those complications are nuggets of diamonds that sparkle with the promise of untold blessings and treasures. It is for us to separate the wheat from the chafe to uncover our own truths
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my sweet friend!!! I hope you had a very beautiful day on Saturday, and that you are surrounded by love, light and peace all year! 🙂 🙂
And thank you, thank you, thank you for such a generous post offering these gorgeous gifts of your wisdom. I’m so grateful for it. You inspire me so my friend. I’m so glad we’ve met here in cyber world. You are a soul friend, a true kindred spirit.
Big love and big hugs and happiness!
Dear One, I had a very great birthday. I feel so blessed to be here looking forward to another year and watching you blossom. Your guardian angels and spirit guides won’t be able to keep up. lol. Blessings sweet friend, lydia
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hugs! * 😍